Fluke 28 II Ex Intrinsically Safe True-rms Digital Multimeter
- Intrinsically safe for Ex-rated areas
- Intrinsically reliable day after day
- Intrinsically rugged and sealed for extreme conditions
- Intrinsic safety plus regulatory approvals
- The 28 II Ex carries Ex certifications from the world leading certification bodies.
28 II Ex I.S. Certifications
IECEx Ex ia IIC T4 Gb, Ex ia IIIC T130 ÃÂ°C Db, I M1 Ex ia I Ma
28 II Ex safety and regulatory compliance
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1-04 /UL61010-1:2004, and TUV 61010-1:2001 CE
The Fluke 28 II Ex is the most rugged IS DMM you can buy.
- A completely sealed, IP67 rated case
- Withstands drops up to 10 feet or 3 meters (with holster)
- Dustproof per IEC60529 IP6x
- Waterproof per IEC60529 IPx7
- Meets IEC Overvoltage Electrical Safety Standard No. 61010-1:2001
- Measurement Category III, 1000V, Pollution Degree 2
- Measurement Category IV, 600V, Pollution Degree 2
Reversible holster for added protection of the display when not in use
All the measurement functions of our most popular industrial DMMs.
One tool equips you with all the testing and troubleshooting power you need wherever you goinside or outside ATEX zones 1,2,21, or 22. No need to carry different meters for different areas, or worry about crossing through an Ex-required zone with a non-Ex rated instrument.
- 4-1/2 digit mode for precise measurements (20,000 counts)
- True-rms ac voltage and current for accurate measurement on nonlinear signals
- Measures up to 1000V and 10A ac and dc (note that Ex zones require reduced measurements)
- Low pass filter ensures accurate voltage and frequency measurements on variable speed motor drives (VSDs)
- Frequency to 200 kHz and % duty cycle to help you diagnose VSDs and switching power supplies
- Resistance, continuity and diode test
- 10,000 capacitance range for components and motor caps
- Conductance measurements for high resistance or leakage tests
- Min/Max-Average and Peak capture to record transients and variations automatically
- Relative mode to remove test lead interference on resistance measurements
- Auto and manual ranging for maximum flexibility
- Input Alert protects you by chirping and flashing Lead when leads are plugged into the wrong inputs
Easy to use
- Important extras keep you productive all day long in less than optimal conditions.
- Backlit keypad buttons provide extra visibility in poorly lit areas, even when youre wearing full PPE
- Large display digits and 2-level bright white backlight also increases visibility
- Long battery life 400 hours typical without backlight (Alkaline)
- Optional magnetic hanger for easy setup and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks
Easy to service in the field
Access to the separate battery compartment makes it easy to change batteries or fuses without jeopardizing instrument calibration.